The connection of headquarters of viadonau with the Danube itself has now been established – not on, but directly on the water, this is being realized at Vienna’s Handelskai.
In addition to the requirements of sustainability, cost efficiency and other parameters, the implementation was to be a floating building. For this purpose, a two-stage Europe-wide planning competition was announced in 2020 and the winner has now been determined:
Planning consortium Pittino & Ortner Architekturbüro ZT-GmbH & Rosenfelder & Höfler GmbH & Co KG & Lorenz Consult ZT GmbH
The concept was convincing in the following areas:
- great flexibility in the use of space
- changing adaptation to user needs
- Homebase in the center
- variable workstations around the homebase
- minimal energy requirements
- regenerative energy sources
- local energy resources for energy generation
- passive house standard with positive annual energy balance
- timeless design
- harmonious integration into the cityscape and landscape
For more information on the headquarters of viadonau and to view the concept plans, click here.