At the beginning of June 2021, the apprentice home was officially opened as the first of the new buildings at the ÖBB education campus in St. Pölten. Contemporary two-bed rooms and an extensive leisure program, which includes a modern fitness room, are intended to make the technical apprenticeship at Austrian Federal Railways even more attractive for young people.
The apprentice home is part of the Austrian apprentice offensive at ÖBB and is intended to provide optimal conditions for training skilled workers.
Television report from P3tv on the opening:
The new building includes:
- various ancillary rooms
- rooms of the TGA
- 36 overnight rooms for approx. 69 persons
- recreation rooms for the apprentices
- a multi-purpose room for ÖBB training purposes or use as a recreation room
- rooms (overnight accommodation and administration room) for the on-site educator
Further project content:
- Supply and discharge lines from the new building to the respective transfer point
- Demolition of the existing apprentice home
- Design of the outdoor facilities
Our services in the course of the project: Local construction supervision