After the start of construction in June 2019, the ÖBB training workshop Knittelfeld was opened on Tuesday, October 6, 2020 and was put into operation in time for the start of school in September.
The ultra-modern training center enables various future-oriented apprenticeships, e.g. in mechatronics, electrical engineering or track construction.
On approximately 5,600m² are located:
- modern assembly hall with welding workstations
- Workshop and training areas
- Track construction training facility
- Workstations for turning and milling
- Office, meeting, social and training rooms
- Laboratory and PC rooms
- Sanitary, washing and technical rooms
Furthermore, special attention was paid to ecology and sustainability:
- 1 photovoltaic system on a flat roof to generate renewable energy
- 2 electric car charging stations
- LED lighting with automated daylight-dependent control
- Heating and cooling of the building by district heating
- Ventilation system with heat recovery
- external sun protection with radiation-dependent time control
Enclosed please find the link to the official press release of the ÖBB on the opening of the ÖBB training workshop Knittelfeld.
Also the link of the ORF report in “Steiermark heute” from 07.10.2020.
Our services in the course of the project: Local construction supervision building services